Textuals are a way of showing text or creating forum-type platforms.
Readables show text which isn't editable once created. They can be used to leave notes to other players or show directions.
Writables create forum-like platforms (also called "boards") in which players who have the correct permissions can write, comment on, or share items on posts.
Writables are tied to the they are created in, meaning they must be created in a place you are an editor in, in order to moderate the writable. Older writables are not tied to areas and therefore have no moderation.
There are four levels of limitations for non-editor users. Most writables tend to have either the first or second choice selected, while private writables tend to have the last option selected.
To make a post on a writable, you click the triangle on the top right of the writable or reply to an existing post (otherwise known as a "thread"), if you have the permissions to do either. You must have a title and a body.
- You can add items by clicking the + button, and selecting an item from your inventory or from the area you're in. They will appear as , , etc. but they will show up when posted. You can add up to 50 items at once.
- Surrounding a word or phrase with underscores (_) will make it show in italics while surrounding it with two asterisks (**) will make it show in bold. Two tildes (~~) will make it show
crossed out, and two circumflexes (^^) will make it show in less emphasis.
- Writing a date in that format will make a calendar button appear on the top right. This is helpful for scheduling events.
- The words MORE, SHOW, and SPOILER when isolated are collapsible, and hide text that you may want to have a warning next to. Location URLs (for example, http://manyland.com/#7h6mtdzy2i) will generate a finder when clicked.
- Four spaces followed by text brings up a
monospace, case-sensitive fontwhich is useful when sharing Interacting, Dynamic, Happening and Brain code.
- Links from Soundcloud, Imgur, YouTube, Twitch, Manyland Snapshots, and Vine all either embed or offer some sort of functionality.